Proposed Turbine Locations - 2013 application.
See site map on the Kirklees Planning Portal
This map shows - as we understand it - the original likely positions of the four giant wind turbines overlooking Birdsedge and High Flatts. The new proposals in 2012 are likely to be slighty diferent with T1 moving down to the field below - right next to th3e source of the River Dearne. T2 will remain unchanged. T3 and T4 will move a few metres to the left to stand right alongside the road.. We will update the map as soon as it appears on the Kirklees website..
- T1 is within 500m of housing at Haddingley
- T2 is within 200 metres of a designated nature reserve, 500 metres of Highfield farm and 550 metres of the church and 650 metres from the school
- T2 is within topple distance of Birdsedge Lane and Broadstone Road
- T3 is within 500 metres of Highfield Farm.
- T3 is within topple distance of Broadstone Road and Windmill Lane
- T3 is within topple distance of land in the Barnsley Borough
- T4 is within 600metres of housing
- T4 is within topple distance of Broadstione Road.
- T4 is within topple distance of land in the Barnsley Borough
- ALL TURBINES ARE WITHIN ONE KILOMETRE OF THE BIRDSEDGE AND HIGH FLATTS - HALF THE EUROPEAN RECOMMENDED STANDOFF DISTANCE