Birdsedge home page
Why are turbines a Bad Thing?
Government coverup about noise levels - From the Times Online website
Turbine health Hazards?
Isn't Green Energy a good idea if we're going to save the world from Climate Change?
Links to articles, web sites and downloads about wind turbines and energy policy
BIRDSEDGE, HUDDERSFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE
BIRDSEDGE AND DISTRICT OPPOSITION TO LARGE TURBINES
The Dearne Dead Windfarm Application was turned down by Kirklees on 22nd August
and the appeal window has now elapsed, so we've won!
A NEW SINGLE TURBINE THREAT
TO BIRDSEDGE & HIGH FLATTS
All your letters really helped us to win the fight against the Dearne Head application, now we need your help again. More objection letters required.
Whilst we were opposing the Dearne Head Windfarm another developer, SKM, was quietly preparing another application for a very large 67metre tall 500 megawatt wind turbine to be built at Hey Side Farm Windmill Lane. This is almost exactly in the same place as the recently refused Turbine 4 of the Dearne Head Windfarm. (See map below.) Yes, it's a little bit smaller than the Dearne Head Turbines, but it's still a very sgnificant size and it's STILL TOO BIG and TOO CLOSE to housing, the school, the church and the Castle Hill Scheduled Ancient Monument site. (In fact the access road cuts right by the ancient earthworks which is protected.)
Please write to Kirklees Council again if you wish to show your continued objection to inappropriately sited large wind turbines in our area. The planning application for this 67 metre or 220 feet tall wind turbine is 2013/92443. If you don’t want this turbine you need to object to this application on the grounds of:
- An inappropriate development in the greenbelt area.
- No special circumstances for an industrial wind turbine in the green belt
- Loss of visual amenity
- The cumulative impacts of all the wind-turbines in the area
- Proximity of the access road to the Scheduled Ancient Monument at Castle Hill, Birds Edge/High Flatts
- Sun flicker
- Affects on the wildlife
Don't forget that each person in the household can object separately and any businesses can also object as an entity. Please send your objections as soon as possible - by email to email@example.com or by post to
Planning Department, Kirklees Council, PO Box B93, Civic Centre 3, Huddersfield, HD1 2JR.
Many thanks for your continued support
The Dearne Head Windfarm Application - The Story
With only one abstention on Thursday 22nd August 2013
in Dewsbury, the joint planning committee turned down the Dearne Head Windfarm application for 4 monster industrial wind turbines to be erected in greenbelt and within 600 metres of houses and the local primary school
We'd like to thank Mr Nick Willock and Kirklees planning department for their extremely thorough and impartial report which led the planning committee to this decision. It's a victory for commonsense.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1) Object to the plan to build a 220 foot turbine at Hey Side Farm, just off Windmill Lane Birdsedge. Less than 800 metres from housing. Kirklees planning portal number: 2013/92443
2) Object to the application for an anemometer mast on the same land as the turbine application above. An anemometer (wind speed reading) mast shows intent to apply for even more turbines close to Birdsedge and High Flatts.
3) Keep an eye open for planning applications for more turbines in the area via the Kirklees Planning Portal and Barnsley Council's website
4) Support Lower Cumberworth's fight against a new plan to build a turbine within 200 metres of housing on Coal Pit Lane